Tuesday, May 10, 2011

STORM CHASE!!!

As many of you know, I will be going on Mississippi State University's Great Plains Storm Chase! We were scheduled to leave as early as Wednesday, May 11th, or as late as Saturday, May 14th. Well guys, we are officially leaving at 4:00a.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, May 11, 2011. We will meet at Hilbun Hall bright and early at 3:45a.m.! Needless to say, it will be an early morning or a late night, depending on who you talk to. We will travel to the Oklahoma/Kansas area. According to the SPC Day 2 outlook, it looks like there will be a moderate risk for severe weather on Wednesday. The reason we are leaving so early is so that we can plan for traffic and road detours due to the Mississippi River flooding. Quick side note, please pray for all those affected by the recent flooding, as well as all those who will be affected in the coming weeks. I know my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected, especially since I have been through that before. If there is anyone out there affected by the flooding and needs anything, please let me know.

Back to the storm chase, I will continue to blog and post updates throughout the chase, and maybe I will be able to post pictures. To whomever is reading this blog, I sure hope you enjoy this special chapter in my journey toward becoming an awesome meteorologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment